Re: SQL*Loader

From: Ewan Parker <ewan_at_chimera.u-net.com>
Date: 2 Apr 2000 19:11:35 +0000

On 02-Apr-00 16:20:17, Sidney D. Hoover said about SQL*Loader:
> I need more information on loading files with non-Oracle date formats. The
> Oracle documentation on loading dates is a bit skimpy. Has anyone seen
> additional documentation on this? Thanks.

You can specifiy a date mask in your control file, as follows:

  inc_date position(80:87) date "ddmmyyyy"

Just instruct the software producing the data file to produce its dates in plain text format. I found the case studies supplied with the Oracle documentation to be reasonably useful in solving SQL*Loader problems.

Regards,
Ewan.

--
Email:      mailto:ewan_at_chimera.u-net.com
Public key: http://www.chimera.u-net.com/ewan.asc