Developer/2000 Form : Sequence Number of Detail records

From: Dante Tang <c8354710_at_comp.polyu.edu.hk>
Date: 1 Apr 2000 16:33:20 GMT

In a master-detail form, I have used a tabular to show the detail records. How can I make a non-database text item to show the physical record number in this tabular?

For example, the first record should have the number 1, the second record should have the number 2 and so on.

I have written a POST-CHANGE trigger in one of the database text item of the tabular as follow:

begin
  :txtsequence := :system.trigger_record; end;

It works when I query the records. However, suppose there are 3 records in the tabular, and then I delete the second record, the sequence number of the third record is still 3...

How can I solve this problem so that the sequence number can be updated after insertion and deletion?

--
e-mail : c8354710_at_comp.polyu.edu.hk