Re: Sql loader 524 error

From: Mike Dwyer <dwyermj_at_co.larimer.co.us>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 08:29:08 -0700

FYI -
SQL*Loader-00524 partial record found at end of datafile (string)

Cause: An incomplete record was found at the end of the indicated datafile.

Action: Make sure the last record in the datafile is complete and has the correct terminating character(s). Also, if fixed-length records are in use, verify that no record exceeds the platform-specific length for a single record.

Quoting from Kevin's post:
> > > I wonder if it's the size of the file or if I just need to tell the
> > > people that are sending it that it needs to be a little cleaner
> because
> > > there are some ***weird characters*** in it or maybe it's something
wrong
> > > with Oracle

Weird characters??? Like maybe an end-of-file at about record 117,000??? Yeah, I'd say that "it that it needs to be a little cleaner" is an excellent idea!

Good luck.