Re: catexp.sql

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 13:54:38 GMT

[Quoted] "Andreas Lommel" <him_lommel_at_t-online.de> wrote in message news:38e3661a.24737720_at_news.btx.dtag.de...
> Hi. I read in the documentation that there musīt be run CATEXPO.SQL
> before performing the export.
> Q1: Is this really important ? Why ?
> Q2: Must this skript be run before every export ? I want to export my
> datadase every night for restoring tables.

You need to run that script ONCE if you have Oracle 7 (assorted flavours). It creates the functionality that enables export to work at all. It certainly doesn't need to be run more than once.

If you have Oracle 8 or above, then forget it: the CATEXP script was included as a call in the usual catproc.sql script for those versions, so by [Quoted] virtue of running catproc, you;ve already run it.

Regards
HJR Received on Fri Mar 31 2000 - 15:54:38 CEST

Original text of this message