Re: developer 2000 sift+f6 delete record

From: Herbert Fukerider <herbert.fukerider_at_rfn.de>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 16:39:29 +0200

ssharma24_at_my-deja.com wrote:

> I have a block on which I want to put a trigger to catch delete
> operation. it will check if the record you are deleted has any related
> child records. I put a delete button and I put that condition in
> there. But you can still delete a record by using shift+f6 or delete
> key. What trigger should I put my code in and what level that trigger
> should be at. I thought a predelete trigger at block level will do the
> job. but it didn't work.
> My code basically will get a count from related table if the count is
> <> 0, it will put a message that you can't delete.....

Try KEY-DELREC, but
the normal behaviour of relations is cascading deletes disabled. If your related table is not in the relation, the rdbms will prevent master deletes when detail records exist if there are foreign keys. If possible to have foreign keys, it's the better way I think, H.F. Received on Thu Mar 30 2000 - 16:39:29 CEST

Original text of this message