Re: Oracle Developer with 8i

From: <jehall_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 20:18:30 GMT

> > In article <954437629.8352.0.pluto.d4ee154e_at_news.demon.nl>,
> > "Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote:
> > >
> > > <jehall_at_my-deja.com> wrote in message
> > ORACLE
> > home,
> > can

> > > This is not an installation problem, it is a policy change. The
new
> > policy
> > > states every Oracle product will get installed in its own
Oracle_home,
> > with
> > > few exceptions.
> > > BTW: Developer still uses sqlnet 2, you'll need to copy your net8
> > > tnsnames.ora to the appropiate sqlnet 2 directory, usually
> > > %ORACLE_HOME%\network\admin.
> > >
> > > Hth,
> > >
> > > Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA
> > >

> > We were trying to install everything on the same machine. WEBDB,
> > Developer 6.0/Developer Server and the machine had 8i already
installed
> > on it. I guess we will have to use seperate machines?
> >
> > Jason.
> >

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.
>
> Not necessarily, other than the server will not be able to cope with
the
> load.
> Different Oracle Homes is different directories only, there's
absolutely no
> reason why it wouldn't work provided the server is fat enough.
>
> Hth,
>
> Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

They (the client) went ahead and put the developer and developer server on another machine and left WEBDB on its current machine. What I want as my end result is to create a URL link in WEBDB on machine one and have it (over the network), access the report server machine and execute the report and send it back to my WEBDB machine with the results. Could you provide a brief checklist of things that we need to do to make this all happen. I appreciate you answering my questions!!! I am fairly new to ORACLE development, so I appreciate your patience.

Jason :)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Mar 30 2000 - 22:18:30 CEST

Original text of this message