UTL_TCP

From: Alla Gribov <alla.gribov_at_metatel.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 19:58:31 GMT

Hi all;

Have anybody tried to use utl_tcp package? It's a new package in 8.1.6 that let you use TCP/IP sockets from PL/SQL program.

I am having a problem.

I have a C program running on Unix, that is sending some data to Oracle using TCP/IP socket.

C program opens socket, then PL/SQL program connects to it and starts listening to the data coming from the
C program.

Of course, PL/SQL program have some kind "while not killed loop". When my C program exits gracefully, it
can send a special "kill" message before exiting. but what if it's crashed???? I can't figure out a way to attach to this channel and send a "kill" message from another program - either C or PL/SQL

Have anybody tried to write this kind of system???

Please help

Thanks a lot

                                 Alla Gribov
                          alla.gribov_at_metatel.com
The greatest programming project of all took six days. On the seventh day the programmer rested. We've been trying to debug the thing ever since. Moral: design before you implement.