sqlldr versus Informix unload ASCII host files

From: <mike_jay_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 16:50:31 GMT

Good morning,

Does sqlldr offer any parameter or environment variable to compensate for the Informix unload command where the extra backslashes added to the column data can be ignored or extracted at load time?

The UNIX sed command to parse the ASCII host files is the fallback I may have to resort to as no environment variable or parameter appears available to prevent the addition of this backslash before a "real" backslash.

I have had no success in finding a means of suppressing the default behavior of Informix unload to insert these "escape" characters in my data. I am dealing with thousands and in a few cases millions of rows.

The target is Oracle 8.0.6 DBMS on HP-UX B.10.20 using these variablelength,  pipe-delimited data files from an Informix 5.08 on the same computer.

The dry runs I have done confirm the control files and the data to load, but I got blindsided by this integration gotcha such that the DOS paths stored within the Oracle database instance contain doublebackslahsed  fully qualified paths.

Any help from someone who has been here before would be appreciated.

Have a great day,
Mike

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Mar 30 2000 - 18:50:31 CEST

Original text of this message