Re: compiling objects

From: Doktor <doktor_at_post.pl>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 09:41:17 +0200

Sandy wrote:

> hi,
>
> me again :-)
> I am sure I am asking a silly question, I will do it anyway
> :-), if I have no answer then I will suppose it is obvious.
> What are theses scripts you are talking about ? Ok , I know
> you are not sure they exist but it seems that it is
> something natural to run the admin's scripts. But usually
> why have we to run these scripts ?

I suppose that WebDB has sql scripts similar to Oracle Server admin scripts (catalog.sql, catproc.sql etc.) and theses scripts can recreate invalid objects of WebDB. But it's only my presumption :-(.

If can time and possibility, you can make full backup of database, drop theses objects and look what will be happening :-)) But it's very "drastic" solution ... :-) Received on Thu Mar 30 2000 - 09:41:17 CEST

Original text of this message