Re: Cold Fusion/Oracle DESPERATE!

From: Joel Racicot <joelracicot_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 01:19:37 GMT

Van,

I installed an eval copy of Cold Fusion on our departmental web server using Oracle 8.0.5 and IIS. My experiences were very positive.

I was able to quickly develop an application that retrieved data from the database and displayed it in a hierarchical manner (with drill down to the children) to four levels. I was also able to build in data editing and creation capabilities. I did all this with no experience using CFML ( Cold Fusion Markup Language) tags in about 1 day. The only help I had was the online reference docs.

Based on that experience and the fact that my bosses liked the output, we went ahead and purchased it.

As far as Apache goes, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work. Allaire says it works with their product and for once, I can say that I believe them.

Hope this helps.

Joel