Re: Oracle 8i install problem: ORA-00101: MTS_DISPATCHERS failure

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 15:44:32 +0200

Raj Nayak <raj.nayak_at_metamor-is.com> wrote in message news:38E20420.1082B877_at_metamor-is.com...
> I am attempting to create a new database using the database config
> assistant in oracle 8i EE and I get an error: 'ORA-00101: invalid
> specification for system parameter MTS_DISPATCHERS' when the database
> creation progress is about 84% through, and has just begun the
> 'Initializng database' phase.
>
> No idea why this is happening. Does anyone know how I can fix this?
> Would really appreciate it.
>
> Thanks
>
> Raj

I wouldn't use MTS at all during database creation. I would recommend commenting out all lines starting with MTS with a # sign in %ORACLE_HOME%\database\init<sid>.ora and restart the creation process using the scripts
(they are somewhere in the jre<xx> directory tree)

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Wed Mar 29 2000 - 15:44:32 CEST

Original text of this message