Re: using libraries on an NT-networkshare

From: DanHW <danhw_at_aol.com>
Date: 29 Mar 2000 02:15:13 GMT

>Hi,
>
>we are using libraries in our multiform-application, which we store on a
>Microsoft NT fileserver.
>Problem: it isn't possible to update these libraries because they are
>currently in use by this application.
>Since we have a lot of users and we are working in a 24/24h environment,
>it is not possible to ask all the users to log off each time there is a
>new library-version.
>Is there some workaround to avoid this problem?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Nordine

The way I do this is to create the new library, appending a '_V2' to the name. As a form is made using the new library, change the referenced library. Eventually, all the forms use the new library. Not a very pretty solution, but it works...

Dan Hekimian-Williams Received on Wed Mar 29 2000 - 04:15:13 CEST

Original text of this message