Re: Is the client IP address available

From: Steve A <steve_at_micromark.com.cn>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 08:57:06 +0800

HI,
there are several issues to consider.

  1. most clients do not have a fixed I.p address, if you are on a modem link thru an isp, they dyamically allocate ip numbers.
  2. most clients in offices do not have fixed I.p addresses.

we use pooling to 192.168.2.XXX for internal clients, so depending on who switches the machine on first & if the dhcp lease has expired, dictates the i.p address of the machine.

so you're onto a looser if you use any of the above.

do you actually use a user log in name & pass word? can you give any idea what the client is? , company inhouse , forms, c++, basic, web browser.

steve