Re: oracle development problem of newbie.

From: Mike Rainville <CCRE_at_musica.mcgill.ca>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 00:45:36 GMT

Oracle Forms is part of Oracle Developer and is a visual development tool for GUI applications that use a database. PL/SQL is its programming language, which may
include SQL.

Stored procedures are PL/SQL programs
stored in the database and run on the database server. You would be able to build these with SQL*Plus and an Oracle database.

You could also use a programming language package that permits SQL in a high level language like C or COBOL. The precompiler translates the SQL "embedded" in the C or other source into standard calls to an API that runs pre-stored procedures.

Another option is probably JDBC or JSQL in a Java program, but its hard to say without some detail about your application.
Mike .