Sql loader 524 error

From: <kevinator_ca_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 00:12:07 GMT

Hello,
[Quoted]   I'm trying to load a file that has 620,000 records with SQL*Loader. I [Quoted] have Oracle 8.1.5. The file is about 196 MB. I start sql loader and it [Quoted] quits at like 117,000th record or so with an error 'SQL*Loader-524: partial record found at end of datafile (filetoload.csv)'. I was wondering if anyone knew what might raised this error. The Oracle documentation isn't real helpful. The error message isn't even in my Oracle8 Error messages book!
I usually use a direct load because it goes much faster but I tried both direct and indirect (if you call it that) and get the same result. [Quoted] I wonder if it's the size of the file or if I just need to tell the people that are sending it that it needs to be a little cleaner because [Quoted] there are some weird characters in it or maybe it's something wrong with Oracle . . . .Any thoughts? Thanks for the help

kevin

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Mar 29 2000 - 02:12:07 CEST

Original text of this message