RMAN problems.

From: Alan <alan_psb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 20:30:22 -0800

[Quoted] Hello all,

[Quoted]     I got the following script (for RMAN) from the former DBA in my company. I don't know anything (or even try) about RMAN and my manager want me to test the script. After reading the script, I found that the script MAY have problems compare with the book examples (Oracle8 Backup & Recovery Handbook):

    The script is used to recover the loss of data files (recover the tablespace):

    run {

[Quoted]         allocate channel dev1 type disk'                    (1)
[Quoted]         parms 'ENV=(NSR_SERVER=backup)';    (2)
        sql 'alter tablespace tb1 offline immediate';    (3)
        recovert tablespace tb1;                                (4)
        sql 'alter tablespace users online';                    (5)
    }
  1. Should all the statements in the scripts end with ';'? (in statement 1, no ;) [Quoted]
  2. What is the meaning of line (2)? [Quoted]
  3. Iit should have one more line before line (4), i.e. restore tablespace tb1, am I right? [Quoted]
  4. All the examples I found in the books are end with 'release channel..'. What happen if no such statement in the script?

[Quoted]     One more question, could anyone give me hints of determine the intervals of synchronization with the target database?

Thanks,
Alan Received on Wed Mar 29 2000 - 06:30:22 CEST

Original text of this message