Oracle 8i type4 jdbc driver (classes1.2.zip) refreshRow() error...

From: david h <dhauser_at_ualberta.ca>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 12:05:59 -0700

Hi there,

I am implementing a distributed app using Oracle8 Server and the Oracle 8i 8.1.6 driver for JDK 1.2.x . I have created a prepared statment which uses the scrollable result set as follows:

do connection stuff...

PreparedStatement pstmt2 = null;
String query2 = "Select ......";
pstmt2 = con.prepareStatement(query2,ResultSet.TYPE_SCROLL_SENSITIVE, ResultSet.CONCUR_READ_ONLY);

execute it...

scroll through result set using myRs.next() and myRs.relative() .

Anyway, this code works for result sets with only 5 or 6 rows in the result set, but when I return 8 or more I get the error below. I checked the bug list and refreshRow() is supposed to work for the type of prepared statement I've set up.
Does anyone know if there is a work around???

ERROR::
Exception! java.sql.SQLException: operation not allowed: Unsupported syntax for refreshRow() at
oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:197) at oracle.jdbc.driver.SensitiveScrollableResultSet.refreshRow(SensitiveScrollableResultSet.java:174) at
oracle.jdbc.driver.SensitiveScrollableResultSet.handle_refetch(Compiled Code) at
oracle.jdbc.driver.SensitiveScrollableResultSet.next(Compiled Code) at

GRSTest.GRSTest.formatGRSTable(GRSTest.java:313) at
GRSTest.GRSTest.query(GRSTest.java:184) at
GRSTest.GRSTest.doPost(GRSTest.java:36) at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:521) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:588) at sun.servlet.http.HttpServerHandler.sendResponse(HttpServerHandler.java:165) at
sun.servlet.http.HttpServerHandler.handleConnection(HttpServerHandler.java:121) at
sun.servlet.http.HttpServerHandler.run(Compiled Code) at java.lang.Thread.run(Compiled Code)

David Hauser
Systems Analyst
Office of the Registrar and Student Awards University of Alberta
Edmonton, CANADA
(780) 492-1957
david.hauser_at_ualberta.ca Received on Tue Mar 28 2000 - 21:05:59 CEST

Original text of this message