Repopulation of Record Group

From: Wayne Marsh <wcmarsh_at_uoguelph.ca>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 10:30:30 -0500

[Quoted] I wonder if anyone can help me on this one.

I have a project maintenance form which uses 2 LOV's for lookup purposes. Since each LOV involves several thousand records I have set the automatic refresh option to "no" to shorten the response time. Occasionally the lookup [Quoted] table does not contain the information sought and a new record has to be added; this is done by opening another form in a separate session to add the [Quoted] desired record, ie Open_Form('Form1',ACTIVATE,SESSION). This is done in a When-Button-Pressed trigger. Of course since the autorefresh feature on the LOV is disabled the underlying record group must be repopulated to ensure the LOV is current. If I try to add a call to the Populate_Group function in [Quoted] the trigger after the open form command it does not work and in fact no command seems to work in the trigger after the open form call. The work around I'm using is to add another button for users to do an explicit populate group but this is not very satisfactory.

Any suggestions?

Wayne

Wayne C. Marsh
Director of Research Services
University of Guelph
222 Reynolds Building
Guelph, Ontario N1G 2W1
Telephone: (519) 824-4120 x 6931
FAX: (519) 821-5236
wcmarsh_at_uoguelph.ca Received on Tue Mar 28 2000 - 17:30:30 CEST

Original text of this message