Re: Is the client IP address available

From: Adrian J. Shepherd <theshepherds_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 13:12:38 +0100

Try select username , program , terminal , machine from v$session;

It may show up the host name, and a call to gethostbyname should translate the machine name/terminal name to an I.P. address - although in a DHCP network, recording the I.P. address will probably give red herrings somewhere down the line when the IP address lease expires and a new one is issued to the same client.
Storing the host name and not I.P. address might go someway to resolving this.

You may have to use explicit grants to the underlying tables or run the query as SYS, sorry to be so vague.

Regards

Adrian