Re: Forms 5.0 - inactive users

From: DanHW <danhw_at_aol.com>
Date: 28 Mar 2000 03:17:15 GMT

>How do I, in a multiple forms application, determine if a user has
>been inactive for a periode (1 hour) of time ?
>
>For the 1-hour period I could use a WHEN-TIMER-EXPIRED trigger, but I
>don't know if there has been any activity for the last hour or not...
>
>any idea ?
>
>- Ole Bredesen-Vestby

In a few strategically placed triggers that indicate user activity (enter-query, post-database-commit, etc) set a global to the current time. When the timer expires, see if the value in the global is more than an hour ago. If so, exit the form, show a message, etc [there is a way to close all open forms, involving another global on the when-window-activated trigger]

Dan Hekimian-Williams Received on Tue Mar 28 2000 - 05:17:15 CEST

Original text of this message