OEM Jobs/Events problem on HP-UX

From: Joan Armstrong <joana_at_vcd.hp.com>
Date: 27 Mar 2000 22:29:53 GMT

I am testing Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) 2.0.4 in this configuration:

Clients (Console, etc): NT

Management Server (OMS): NT

Repository: 8.1.5 on HP-UX 11

Managed Databases: 8.1.5 on HP-UX 11

I am able to monitor all the databases from the console, but can not get events and jobs to work correctly (Oracle Support is stumped so far). I can create a job to execute a simple SQL*Plus script, send it out to the correct node, and it is executed correctly. However, the output of the job is written into a file on the node instead of being sent back to the OMS. No errors are showing up, but the results are simply not being sent back.

Oracle Support thought that name resolution may not be working, but nslookup finds all the various nodes correctly.

The only events which are sending me notification are "Node Unreachable". Database up/down events are not getting back to me.

Anyone have any clues?

BTW, the OMS and Repository databaseseem to be connecting just fine.

--Joan Armstrong

Hewlett Packard, Vancouver, WA.

--

Joan Armstrong joan_armstrong_at_hp.com Hewlett Packard, Vancouver, WA. USA U-CD Copper Canyon's Belle Starr UD TD STDds PT JHD AX AXJ EAC EGC EJC RS-E JS-O GS-O CGC ASCA-TD; U-CD Wind Dance Nick of Time CDX TD NA NAJ EAC EGC OJC RS-N JS-N GS-O ASCA-TD ************ In memory: Zoie wonder dog ************** Received on Tue Mar 28 2000 - 00:29:53 CEST

Original text of this message