Oracle 8i Lite Consolidator Installation Problems

From: CHIN, ALVIN <alvin.chin_at_cgi.ca>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 14:27:27 -0500

I am having some problems configuring Oracle 8i Lite Consolidator Server on my Oracle 8i database.

When I installed Oracle 8i Lite Consolidator server on the Oracle 8i server machine, I was prompted for the machine name, user name and password. I entered these in, but it didn't seem to like the user name and password that I entered. However, after entering the user name and password many times, I was able to finish the install, but now I can't connect to the server.

Also, I am trying to do the replication with Oracle 8i Lite Consolidator on the Palm IIIx device. I try to sync but it keeps looking for a network service. I configured to use a direct serial connection because I want to use Hotsync and the cradle connected to my PC. However, it looks like it wants to do a dial-up and so it fails.

I need help! What do I do to solve this?

Alvin Chin
Consultant - Architecture & Technology
CGI
BASc. Computer Engineering, University of Waterloo
Tel: 416-353-7661
E-mail: alvin.chin_at_cgi.ca
"Success is the reward for doing your best"