Re: PL/SQL to run commands

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 18:17:29 +0200

[Quoted] For Oracle 7.3, use the Plex utility available at http://osi.oracle.com/~tkyte
For Oracle 8 and beyond use the external procedure mechanism. Personally I would NEVER EVER fiddle around with regedit directly from another program.
That's the most direct route to HELL I can imagine. Windows API calls to manipule the registry do exist, and I don't think regedit support either DDE or OLE.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA