Re: > 1 Alternate Row?

From: Zdenek Zavadil <zzavadil_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 15:12:54 GMT

[Quoted] In article <8bnmn7$sam$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>, jehall_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> In article <8bn0vb$5ab$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,
> Zdenek Zavadil <zzavadil_at_my-deja.com> wrote:
> > In article <8bgi8m$fhm$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,
> > jehall_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> > > I keep seeing messages posted on setting the Alternate Row ID to
the
> > > primary key and then passing the p_arg_value to automatically
query
> > the
> > > form. 2 Questions?
> > >
> > > 1) What if you have a table which has to keys to have a unique
> value?
> > > 2) If this can be done, how do you pass the value of a parameter.
> For
> > > instance p_arg_values=x where x might be assigned the value 10,
> so...
> > > p_arg_values=VAL(X) not ='x'!!!???
> > >
> > > Jason
> > >
> > > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > > Before you buy.
> > >

> > Hi Jason,
> > you can use the ROWID pseudocolumn, which uniquely identifies a row
in
> > a table, no matter how many keys it has.
> >
> > Zdenek
> >
> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.
> >
> Can you give me an example of this, if say, my table has KEYA and
KEYB. If you want to retrieve the one unique row in a form, pass into that form p_arg_names=_rowid&p_arg_values=x, where the x is a value obtained somewhere (e.g. in a report) using SELECT ROWID from any_table WHERE keya = a AND keyb = b

> And also concerning question 2!!! Where I want to pass in the URL not
> string literal value, but the value of a parameter field, say X where
> might = '10'. i.e., p_arg_values =VAL(X) not p_arg_values='X'!!1

[Quoted] You always must use pairs p_arg_names + p_arg_values, i.e. p_arg_names=x&p_arg_values=10

> Thanks Again!!!
>
> Jason.
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Mar 27 2000 - 17:12:54 CEST

Original text of this message