Re: Will Developer v2.1 work with Personel Oracle 8i for Win98?

From: SKurosky <skurosky_at_aol.com>
Date: 26 Mar 2000 23:05:09 GMT

>IVAN WROTE

>I cannot for the life of me get any of the Developer 2000 v2.1 tools to
>connect
>to my Personal Oracle for Win98 (8i) database. The SQLPLUS tools that are
>installed with POWin98 8i work, but not the ones that are installed with
>Developer 2000.
>
>Do I have to use Developer 6.0? I've looked everywhere, goofing with the
>SQL*NET
>settings and setting up instance names, but nothing works.
>
>As it is, if I fireup SQLPLUSW.EXE or SQLPLUS.EXE (from POWin98 8i), I don't
>have to enter an instance name since it looks on the local machine. I've
>tried
>connect with Forms 5.0, Reports 5.0 and Procedure Builder 2.0 with and
>without
>the Oracle instance name, but nothing seems to work.
>
>Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Thanks!

Hi
There is an Oracle White paper, "Connecting SQL*NET Tools to an Oracle8 Database" available from Oracle Support Services. Don't know if it still holds for Oracle8i. I also had a heck of a time with Developer tools before getting this paper.
HTH
Sandy Received on Mon Mar 27 2000 - 01:05:09 CEST

Original text of this message