Import/Export Question.

From: Alan <alan_psb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 14:55:59 -0800

[Quoted] Hello all,

    I have a question related with Imp/Exp. I want to move all the tables from one database A to B (by Entire Database). User SYS_DBA1 on database A have DBA role and he exports entire database. However, on [Quoted] database A, some tables (data tables, owned by SYS_DBA1) are on tablespace SYSTEM.

    User SYS_DBA1 created in database B. Since I don't want to create the tables in tablespace SYSTEM, I revoke DBA role from SYS_DBA1 and [Quoted] issue "alter user SYS_DBA1 quota 0 on system" in database B. I import [Quoted] the file by user SYSTEM. However, I found that those tables on tablespace SYSTEM on database A are still imported into tablespace SYSTEM on database B.

    Is there any way such that I can import the tables (in tablespace SYSTEM, database A) to another tablespace (such as DATA1) in database B? [Quoted] [Quoted] The exported file are exported by user SYS_DBA1 (via entire database) [Quoted] and he has the DBA role. (I cannot create the export file again since [Quoted] the database has been removed!)

Thanks,
Alan Received on Mon Mar 27 2000 - 00:55:59 CEST

Original text of this message