Re: Writing to multiple tables with WebDb

From: ceophs <ceophs_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 17:30:44 GMT

I hadn't considered using a trigger, that sounds like a great idea. I'm new to Oracle, so how would I write the code behind the trigger? Using Pl/SQL to take in the variables and write to the tables? Could you recommend any place to find sample code?

Thanks a million

ceophs
In article <38DB824F.950A18D0_at_mail.ee>, Terra <tere.abiline_at_mail.ee> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> You can build a form on one table and with insert trigger on this
table
> update all the necessary tables.
>
> UrRa
>
> ceophs wrote:
> >
> > I need to produce a form that will write the data entered in the
fields
> > to several tables, some of which are join/link tables, using Dynamic
> > LOVs. What is the best way to do this? Master / Detail won't work
as it
> > only populates two tables.
> > I presume the best way is to create either a procedure, or view,
that
> > will write the data to multiple tables, and then build a form on it?
> > I also want to know is it possible to use the concatenate symbol ||
> > and outer join (+) in the select SQL for Dynamic Lovs by replacing
them
> > with their html equivalents, e.g.
> > e.g. &#124; &#124; for the || symobl.
> > &#40; &#43;&#41; for (+)
> > All suggestions greatly appreciated,
> >
> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Mar 24 2000 - 18:30:44 CET

Original text of this message