Re: Forms on a Table Question?

From: Zdenek Zavadil <zzavadil_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 07:12:44 GMT

In article <8bd7gh$o4n$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>, jehall_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> If I have a report written in Reports 6.0. My user as some columns
> listed on the report. If they click on the report, I want it to send
> back to parameters in the url which would then be prepopulated in the
> form and then somehow automatically Query that information for them.
> Basically I want to remove the Query button from the form and automate
> that somehow through the URL???? Has anyone ever done something like
> this???
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jason
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Hi Jason.
In your form set the Alternate ROWID on a primary key column and as parameters in the URL pass p_arg_names=_rowid&p_arg_values=x where the x will be the key of the record you want to display.

HTH,
 Zdenek

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Mar 24 2000 - 08:12:44 CET

Original text of this message