Re: How to create a .csv file to be downloaded through the web

From: Tom Zamani <tomz_at_redflex.com.au>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 15:55:39 +1100

You can use utl_file package to produce the csv file, since DB and OAS are on two different machines then OAS will not have access to the file. The only solution I can think of is to ftp the file to the OAS machine. if OS is UNIX then you have two options create a cron job which ftp files from a directory to another and deletes the files from old directory (it is OK ).
the other option is much better and that is use external procedure call. write two shell scripts one for ftp a file to OAS and the other one to remove the file DB .
then from your PLSQL pass the required parameters and execute the shell scripts.
Tom

Ven <vkumar_at_servicelane.com> wrote in message news:38DAF0EA.D2D85938_at_servicelane.com...
> Hi guys,
> We have a corporate intranet with 3 tiers ( web browser , OAS, Oracle
Database