Re: OAS any version

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_bestweb.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 23:49:59 GMT

For us, on a very modest application, OAS worked well. We had problems getting it to work with the Apache server, but that had to do with the way the sysadmins configured Apache and their reluctance to change their configuration. It worked fine with OWS. We also had good results with it on an NT server, once again using OWS. The advantage of a product like this is it integrates a number of pieces and provides simple centralized management. The disadvantage is that it will never be state of the art since it takes time to integrate new pieces and to test them thoroughly.

Van