software tools to limit access to oracle-driven web sites?

From: Geoff Glave <geoffg_at_softtracks.com>
Date: 23 Mar 2000 14:02:55 -0800

Hello,

[Quoted] First of all, excuse me if I get some of the terminology wrong here, I am an [Quoted] Oracle newbie.

I am involved in the development of a web-based oracle application using webDB [Quoted] and Oracle Application Server, and I am concerned about security - Only those [Quoted] we permit should be allowed to log into the site and retrieve pages which run [Quoted] queries against the database.

We plan to use SSL for encryption under Oracle Application Server, but aside [Quoted] from the standard username/password arrangement, is there any way to limit access? I have heard rumours of a piece of software users can load on their [Quoted] computer, either on their desktop, or a browser plug-in, which provides an additional level of security - only people with this software component installed on their PC can log in.

Has anyone heard of something like this? Can anyone offer any suggestions?

[Quoted] Thanks in advance - Email replies appreciated.

Geoff Glave
Soft Tracks
Vancouver, Canada
geoffg_at_softtracks.com Received on Thu Mar 23 2000 - 23:02:55 CET

Original text of this message