Re: What is Oracle thinking

From: Dan <greenlex_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 17:17:57 GMT

There is one word to describe Oracle: Greed. And their sales reps [Quoted] are trained to live and breathe it. Your best bet is to host it yourself using Oracle Standard edition for a 2 year term at $5.25 per Mhz. Don't even bother calling a sales rep because once you tell them you can't afford the enterprise edition at $100 per Mhz, they lose interest in you.

I agree that Oracle is really screwing the small businesses by charging for the Mhz with this new "scheme." I have no doubt Oracle would CRUSH Microsoft if they lowered their price. They have priced numerous small businesses out of a sale. They should charge by either concurrent usage or average CPU usuage.