export/import number datatype-please help

From: <shivanandan_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 02:34:54 GMT

hi,

We are using Oracle 7.3.4 on unix
There are tables created with datatype number (no precision, scale set), but these fields have data with decimal values. We do an export (data and structure). Now when we do an import (data and structure)of this table, we find these fields with number (no precosion,scale) datatype are now defined as number(38) and the decimal values from these fields are missing.

Is it a known behavior? Any way to set this right with out having to recreate the tables with proper precision and scale ? Please help

Thanks in advance

Shiva

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Mar 23 2000 - 03:34:54 CET

Original text of this message