Deveoper 6.0 GET_FILE_NAME problem.

From: Billy Brown <billyb_at_actionaid.org.uk>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 14:22:43 -0000

Hello all.
Maybe you could help me with the following problem.

I'm importing records into a table from a disk using the TEXT_IO package. I use the following to ask the user to select a file from the A:, This works fine.

 filename := GET_FILE_NAME('a:\', FILE_FILTER=>'Minisas Files (*.dch)|*.dch|');

Once the files are loaded, I run a validation routine against the table which sets an error code for each record on the table. I then generate a report using a select statement and get the user to specify a save path for the report using the following

  v_save_file := GET_FILE_NAME(DIRECTORY_NAME=>'C:\',

FILE_FILTER=>'Mini SAS files *.dch|*.dch|',

                                                            MESSAGE=>'DCH
FILES', DIALOG_TYPE=>SAVE_FILE); But the application comes up with an 'Open File' dialogue box, and a path that points at the A:, as in the initial file request. Any Ideas?

Billy Received on Wed Mar 22 2000 - 15:22:43 CET

Original text of this message