Net8 8.0 vs 8.1

From: <marc451_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 17:02:50 GMT

We're trying to connect to an Oracle 8.1.5 database with a client using Net8 R8.0. We've succesfully setup users with Net8 R8.1 but we need one user to get at the database via R8.0. All the settings between the two are exactly the same. But the R8.0 client won't connect. I can't even tnsping it. One of the things I did notice is that the R8.1 client makes a
disctinction when you specify the SPID between 8.1 and higher and 8.0. Does my problem lie somewhere in there?

Thanks,
Marc

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Mar 21 2000 - 18:02:50 CET

Original text of this message