Oracle Developer Host( COMMAND.COM /C Process.BAT) NOT DELETING FILES

From: Mike Rainville <CCRE_at_musica.mcgill.ca>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 01:05:46 GMT

When I use Oracle's HOST command in Forms 6.0.5 to run a DOS Batch file in Windows 98 to process (legacy) ANSI C programs, the programs execute correctly but temporary files are not deleted.

When I run the (sub)commands that actually delete one or several files directly from the DOS prompt, using the SAME batch files, they work as expected.

HOST( 'COMMAND.COM /C Process.BAT ');

In the Oracle case, there doesn't appear to be any error message, but the files are not deleted.

See Microsoft Q149570 for possible explanation re: commands in the MS-DOS core CD, DEL, ERASE are the problematic commands.

Is it possible that the Oracle Host command doesn't start a specific instance of the
MS-DOS command interpreter, and so the commands are not available?

Has anyone else had this trouble?

Thanks in advance,
Mike Rainville

Process.BAT calls both Prepare and DelSome

Prepare.BAT

FOR %%f IN ( %1.aaa %1.bbb ) DO CALL %2\ERASEONE.BAT %%f CALL %2\EXAMDEL.BAT %1 %2
EXIT DelSome.BAT

FOR %%f IN ( %1.cc %1.ddd %1.eee %1.fff %1.ggg %1.hh ) DO CALL %2\ERASEONE.BAT %%f
EXIT EraseOne.BAT

IF EXIST %1 COMMAND.COM /C ERASE %1
EXIT above has been tried as (preferred) IF EXIST %1 ERASE %1 and IF EXIST %1 CALL ERASE %1 Received on Tue Mar 21 2000 - 02:05:46 CET

Original text of this message