SQL query may not be enough, what else should I try?

From: Craig Orson Oakland (COO I) <"Craig>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 15:07:17 -0800

[Quoted] [Quoted] Environment: Windows NT Reports 2.5 Oracle 10.7 NCA, 7.3

I'm creating a report. I've got three tables to extract data from (simplified this for clarity).

Table A holds all the student names, Table B has holds the associations between Table A and Table C. Table C contains all classes offered.

I want to learn which students (undergrads) are not currently enrolled in a [Quoted] particular group of classes (e.g. Humanities), and have not accrued at least [Quoted] 18 total units - over the entire time so far spent here. The second part I've got, but the first part of that has me stifled for a good solution.

How would I do that? It's kind of like proving a negative. I would guess I [Quoted] could perform several queries, maybe create a view or two, but it gets more [Quoted] complicated because while I have used SQL for querying against conditions met, I have not for conditions that haven't been met.

Does this make sense? Have I stated it clearly? I seem to be blocked for a [Quoted] solution at the moment, but putting something in simple terms helps. I wasn't coming to you for the answer, just as a sounding board.

Thanks for reverberating

Craig Received on Tue Mar 21 2000 - 00:07:17 CET

Original text of this message