Re: Passing parms to WEBDB component

From: <jehall_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 21:35:03 GMT

In article <38D603BF.272A_at_yahoo.com>, connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com wrote:
> jehall_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> >
> > Hi, I wrote a report with Reports 6.0 and was wondering if I can
create
> > a link to a WEBDB component, but I need to pass parms from a report
into
> > the WEBDB component!!! Has anyone ever done this?
> >
> > Jason
> >
> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.
>
> An easy way to do this is to
>
> - create your WebDB component
> - create a WebDB link to the WebDB component
>
> Using the "Test" facility on the link, it will show you the URL
required
> to link to your WebDB component...
>
> ... Typically its a very long URL :-)
>
> HTH
> --
> Connor McDonald
> http://www.oracledba.co.uk
>
> We are born naked, wet and hungry...then things get worse

I did not think of that. When I went to try and tried putting parameter names instead of hardcoded values it did not resolve my parameter name. i.e., p_arg_values=&param it just ignores the value and leaves the fields blank. Is there anything I need to put around the field to get the "address or value of the parameter"?

Jason

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Mar 20 2000 - 22:35:03 CET

Original text of this message