Re: storing word files in database

From: mgumbs <mgumbsNOmgSPAM_at_hotmail.com.invalid>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 09:25:07 -0800

Unfortunately, Oracle does not have a means of putting back a BINARY file onto the filesystem, an ascii one works fine. You can use UTL_FILE to write back ascii lines to the filesystem but you can't use UTL_FILE for binary daya.

You will need to use an external procedure to write the binary lines out.

See oracle metalink for more details

Mark

In article <8b4hi2$t48$1_at_perki.connect.com.au>, "Tom Zamani" <tomz_at_redflex.com.au> wrote:
>If you have Oracle 8.X then you can use dbms_lob package.
>if not then you have to use long raw which is a bit of pain.
>
>using Lob(large objects) in oracle you can have few different
data types
>(clob, blob bfile ....)
>The one that you need to use would be blob(binary large object).
>Look at the oracle doc regarding this package. It has been
explained very
>clearly.
>Tom
>

>Zia <rashid_at_euphony.net> wrote in message
>> I want to store word files in a database table I have a
when button
>> pressed trigger which produces standard letters in word and
saves them on
>> file system within your PC i.e c:\windows\etc ..
>>
>> Is there any way I can store these word files within a
database table

  • Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network * The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!