Re: Got a question regarding newbies

From: Valeri Sorokine <vsorokin_at_dd.ru>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 16:57:58 +0300

Hi Andrew,

Andrew Sheh wrote:
<skip>
> Since I am starting a Oracle DBA career, I was asked to start a knowledge
> base. However, I had my doubts since Oracle is well supported
> elsewhere/everywhere.
>
> If you guys are interested, we could organize one and when newbie questions
> arise, you can send them to the page with all the answers at the FAQTS,
> without having to retype it.

That's a good idea (IMO)...

I know two nice developers in Russia who are trying to develop something like that. One of them has even working version of 'FAQ server'... :-)

You can have a look at it: http://oraclub.trecom.tomsk.su/db/faq.startup

Almost all of topics are in Russian but there are some in English too...

He has plans to add 'Language' property in order to divide contents into two parts: English and Russian. Any person will have ability to add his/her question or answer and even add his/her 'Agree'/'Disagree' with other's answer... I'm not sure he has enough time to finish his volonteer's work but you can contact him any way...

His e-mail address is mikeom_at_trecom.tomsk.su and his name is Michael.

I think he would be glad to discuss your idea and to receive some feedback from English-speaking community as well...

Other developer has his own multilanguage version of 'FAQ server' and he can give you entire project for installation and maintainance...

His e-mail address is lde_at_mpsb.moris.ru and his name is Dmitry.

I wish you Good Luck!

Valeri

<skip>

--
Valeri Sorokine
Oracle Certified Application Developer, Rel.2