Re: webdb - advanced pl/sql

From: Zdenek Zavadil <zzavadil_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 14:04:02 GMT

> Many thanks for the advice Zdenek but there's a hole in my knowledge
that I
> was hoping you could take the time to help me with.
>
> I think my problems arise because I don't know enough about
javascript.

> I understand what you've said about using the javascript methods
(such as
> findItem) to get the value in a field and I understand about defining
> input item(button) that when clicked calls that javascript but what
happens
> next?
>
> I assume that the javascript that I have to write, would find out the
value
> of the field I'm interested in and then use that value as part of
building
> up a http request. Is this right? Does the javascript code build up
the
> request dynamically and then submit it?
>
> Am I on the right path here?
>
> Many TIA,
> Mark Hills.

Mark,
you are right. You can build up the request from some values, calculate something and set other values in the form, disable/enable form fields etc. All depends what kind of functionality you want. E.g. we use this approach for making relations between records similar to popup LOVs, but more powerful - user can relate the form with records from reports using their parameters and also more values can be transfered to the form.
If you have specific questions, feel free to e-mail me.

Regards,
  Zdenek

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Mar 17 2000 - 15:04:02 CET

Original text of this message