Re: encrypt credit card number

From: Tom Zamani <tomz_at_redflex.com.au>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 13:47:25 +1100

[Quoted] No there is not such thing in Oracle for Grneral Usage. You need to hav your Own Encryption method. One of the Encryption methods that I have worked with was Triple Des which is not bad.
Using external procedure call, Oracle could call a C program which would encrypt the passed string, and would return the result to Oracle. Tom
Anupam Bordia <abordia99_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:vOfA4.619$u44.32714_at_news.pacbell.net...
> Is there a built-in command in oracle which helps me encrypt the credit
card
> number stored in oracle database? I tried searching for "encrypt" in
ORACLE