Re: Help Required: How can I export my Oracle data into a flat file

From: DawgByte <dawgbyte1_at_go.com>
Date: 2000/03/16

[Quoted] There are a couple of other methods available. First is the export utility. You can export a table from the original database and import it into the target database. Similar to this:

   exp userid=userid/password file=exp.dmp table=table_name    imp userid=userid/password file=exp.dmp full=y

Also, you can use the copy command (see SQL documentation). I can't remember the syntax off-hand but it allows you to copy the entire table or a portion thru the use of a select statement.

Both of these methods are much faster than creating simple flat files. Hope this helps
DawgByte

johng_at_mm.com (TurkBear) wrote:

>The easier way is to use a 3rd party tool to export the data :
>I use Crystal Reports 8 from seagate and it exports in comma delimited format
 (
>along with many, many others) which I can use in many other apps (or as
 a data
>file for SqlLoader to use)
>many other report writers will allow exports to a dilimited format, as will
>Access, Excel etc...
>

>"Abey Joseph" <abeyj_at_netzero.net> wrote:
>
>>Antony,
>> I am not an expert on this matter... I don't know if there
 is a
>>better/more efficient way to accomplish the same.
>>
>>SPOOL filename
>>SELECT * FROM table;
>>
>>The above statement would write all columns in all records to filename.
 The