Re: Got a question regarding newbies

From: Andrew Sheh <ashea_at_dmetechnologies.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 10:08:42 -0800

[Quoted] Probably <OT> and don't have qualifications to comment in this thread-- since I am a newbie.

However, I just wanted to note that I appreciate your help. I don't post much, because I do make a point of finding the answer first elsewhere, including the new post in the newsgroup.

Questions do get repetitive and understand that you might not have the time [Quoted] to answer them. Of course, every one has an option of not answering, but keep in mind that you help some of us.

Finally, I am a contributor to FAQTS.com -- knowledge base for PHP questions. It allows people to put questions and answers of simple questions about a software (could be Oracle) Then people can respond or find answers with their search engine.

Its idea is not to take emails/postings automatically but manually post responses to avoid all the repetition of asking/answering the same questions [Quoted] over and over again.

Since I am starting a Oracle DBA career, I was asked to start a knowledge base. However, I had my doubts since Oracle is well supported elsewhere/everywhere.

If you guys are interested, we could organize one and when newbie questions [Quoted] arise, you can send them to the page with all the answers at the FAQTS, without having to retype it. I could learn most of it in the process.

Let me know if you are interested. If you reply, send a cc to me personally.

Andrew Sheh
ashea_at_dmetechnologies.com