SELECT question once again.

From: <plant.eng_at_lund.mail.telia.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 12:31:56 GMT

[Quoted] [Quoted] My previous question was not answered so I'll try to make it more clear. The best way to see the problem is, to look at this message with "fix pitch" font, like Courier.

I have following problem:
Table DEPT columns DEPT_ID, DEPT_NAME
Table EMP, columns EMP_ID, EMP_NAME, DEPT_ID

I need to build a LOV listing employees ordered by department. I can easily build a view (record group) giving:

DEPT1 EMP1 DEPT1_ID EMP1_ID
DEPT1 EMP2 DEPT1_ID EMP2_ID
DEPT1 EMP3 DEPT1_ID EMP3_ID
DEPT2 EMP4 DEPT2_ID EMP4_ID
DEPT2 EMP5 DEPT2_ID EMP5_ID

What I want instead is:

DEPT1 EMP1 DEPT1_ID EMP1_ID
      EMP2 DEPT1_ID EMP2_ID
      EMP3 DEPT1_ID EMP3_ID
DEPT2 EMP4 DEPT2_ID EMP4_ID
      EMP5 DEPT2_ID EMP5_ID

Is there anyone who can give me a hint how to build a view like this or any reference, where I can find similar solution?

Thanks Tony. Received on Thu Mar 16 2000 - 13:31:56 CET

Original text of this message