Webdb : few questions (Sandy)

From: Sandy <daleelaNOdaSPAM_at_usa.net.invalid>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 04:42:44 -0800

Hi,

 I need to know if webdb needs powerful machine  to run properly. Here, it is installed on the NT Server ( 200 Mo RAM ), the oracle database is on digital alpha ( very powerful machine, all the computers are related by ethernet 10Mb/s with the protocole TCP/IP.) When I try to access the database on the webdb website from any computer ( even on the NT server ) the time of response is really too long.
 What is the normal time of response of webdb ?? Here it can be 6 secondes to 40 secondes or more.( it depends of the query if it is using procedures etc...).  I also would like to know if you know some webdb web sites then i can have a look.

Thanks a lot

Sandy

  • Sent from AltaVista http://www.altavista.com Where you can also find related Web Pages, Images, Audios, Videos, News, and Shopping. Smart is Beautiful