developer 2000 text items and nulls

From: <ssharma24_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 00:38:58 GMT

[Quoted] [Quoted] Can you write a statement for a text item like: [Quoted] Block.item := null;

Whenever I do that, and hit F7 (enter query mode), it will give me an error FRM-40202 i.e “field must be entered”

These items that I am using the null value for were null to begin with. I assigned some values to these items during the processing, and then I am making them null again just like clearing an item. So, why does it give me that error and not let me move on.

thanks...

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Mar 16 2000 - 01:38:58 CET

Original text of this message