SQL Question

From: Uzmati29 <uzmati29_at_aol.com>
Date: 2000/03/15

Hi,

[Quoted] I am a college student taking a class in database design and I have been having [Quoted] some trouble with a query that my instructor assigned. I am using SQL + 3.3 with oracle.

[Quoted] The Query is:

[Quoted] What pilots are certified to fly all the types of aircraft that John Baum is certified to fly?

Here is the basic table structure:

Employee(E_ID, SSN, LName, FName, MI, Address, DOH, Salary, Base, Category, [Quoted] Year_of_Birth)

Pilot_Attrib( E_ID, Can_Fly)

[Quoted] I have been unable to figure out how to work this query. I think that I might [Quoted] have to join the Pilot_Attrib table with itself, but I cannot figure out how to [Quoted] eliminate those pilots that are certified with some but not all of the same [Quoted] planes as John Baum.

thanks Received on Wed Mar 15 2000 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message