Re: Developer 2000: can't change a role

From: Neville Sweet <sweet.neville.nj_at_bhp.com.au.no_junk_email>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 16:34:10 +1100

[Quoted] We are using Oracle 8.0.5, but were using 7.1.6.2.0 until a year ago. The [Quoted] library procedure has been in use for a number of years.

The library procedure reads all roles from dba_role_privs for the current [Quoted] user, packs a comma-delimited string of all granted roles, and issues dbms_session.set_role (all roles have the same password). We do this because [Quoted] for security reasons all update roles are disabled by default, and enabled [Quoted] after logon to a form. One of the pre-requisites for dbms_session.set_role [Quoted] is that the roles must have already been granted to the user, but since the [Quoted] roles are selected from dba_role_privs this condition is obviously met. [Quoted] [Quoted] Have you created the roles and granted them to the user?

Hope this helps,
Neville.

>Your Name wrote in message

<01bf8dc9$9e0a95e0$6740e783_at_pc95-adpsb.lboro.ac.uk>...
>Mike,
>
>I don't know if you had any success with Neville's suggestion but we are
still getting Oracle error messages when trying to set role. If >you or Neville have a solution could you please give us some further details.