OAS 4.0.7.1 PL/SQL Security Questions

From: Michael Cretan <mcretan_at_ozemail.com.au>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 20:54:13 +1100

Hi There,

We are using the OAS 4.0.7.1 PL/SQL cartridge on NT to provide secure access to our application.
I've managed to get the Custom authentication to work, but am finding the OWA_SEC package very limited in the functionality it provides. We really need to be able to log someone out after a period of inactivity. We can figure out the inactivity easily enough, but how can we log them out?? We can't expect users to close their browsers down each time they want to log off?!?

Has anyone figured out how this can be done?

Another question we have is whether we can access the DN in a X509v3 certificate from the PL/SQL cartridge. Its all very well for oracle to provide the authenticate client SSL functionality, but how can it be used from PL/SQL ???

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Mike Cretan
mcretan_at_ozemail.com.au